There is nothing worse that not being able to go when you want to and sitting there hurting wishing that nature will take course. It’s not a funny topic nor an embarrassing issue to discuss. It’s a debilitating issue to deal with but the good news there are various remedies that will help to ease and prevent the situation from occurring in the future.
1. Drink plenty of water each day of at least 20 ounces after you wake up in the morning. Drinking approximately 10 to 12 glasses of water each day and it’s the best way to flush toxins out of the body. Avoid drinking sugary drinks such juice and soda as they contain copious amounts of sugar that can worsen constipation symptoms. Constipation occurs due to lack of adequate liquids in the body.
2. Try eating a ripe banana with a glass of warm milk. Chew the banana thoroughly and drink the warm milk slowly instead of gulping it down.
3. Consume several prunes or drink one to two glasses of prune juice. Prunes are high in fiber they contain a substance called sorbitol which is stool-laxative that helps with relieving symptoms of constipation. The prunes contain more sorbitol than prune juice. Skip eating foods that are high in sugar such as cookies and candy. You can still have those foods but consume them in moderation.
4. Exercise is an important part of life and it’s needed for increasing function in the body. Exercise by keeping your body moving through going out for walks for at least 20-30 minutes to promote good bowel movements regularly.
5. Finally this is a difficult option but it does work. Squat down to ease out the excrement by propping your feet on a child’s step stool and raise up your knees while sitting on the toilet.
Constipation is a continuous issue that many people including myself have experienced. Unfortunately, I’m allergic to bananas but I do eat prunes and apples to keep things going and moving along in my system. I drink several large bottles of room temperature water throughout the day and I exercise several times per week.